The Greater Rochester International Airport (ROC) will again be a host site for the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) mobile NEXUS enrollment team Tuesday, April 26, between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m., according to officials. The NEXUS enrollment will be held in the International Arrivals Hall at the Rochester Airport, 1200 Brooks Ave.
Individuals must submit applications for the event online, at https://goes-app.cbp.dhs.gov/main/goes, by April 12.
Participation in the NEXUS program allows travelers to proceed with little or no delay into the U.S. and Canada, through dedicated lanes, which makes cross-border travel a quicker process. NEXUS also affords passengers the benefits of Global Entry, which is located at most major airports, TSA Pre-Check, and expedited processing for boaters.
Program members may also cross the border on the Whirlpool Bridge in Niagara Falls, which is an exclusive benefit for NEXUS cardholders, according to airport officials.
NEXUS application fees are $50 for adults, and children under the age of 18 are free. Once approved, the cards will be valid for five years, at which time participants must renew their membership.
Event attendees should use the short term parking lot at the airport, and parking will be validated.
In addition, eligible participants must meet the following requirements:
- Applied for NEXUS through the on-line application at Global Online Enrollment Systems on the CBP website, and paid the application fee (children under 18 are free).
- Emailed name, date of birth, PASS ID# and phone number to NEXUSBuffaloNiagara@gmail.com by April 12, requesting participation in the Rochester mobile enrollment event.
- Received a conditional approval (both CBP and CBSA) prior to the start of the event.
- After receiving conditional approval, participants will be contacted by CBP to schedule an interview for mobile enrollment at Greater Rochester International Airport (ROC).
- Have a proof of citizenship and second form of identification (i.e. driver’s license or ID card) with you to present at the time of the interview. If you are a lawful permanent resident, you must also present your permanent resident card. If you would like to be included in Global Entry, a valid passport is required.
Individuals who are unable to attend the April 26 enrollment should still apply by April 12, and schedule an interview at either the Fort Erie or Niagara Falls Enrollment Centers.