Windstream’s “Party in the Park” will kick off with fireworks this year, following the first show in the concert series on June 16, in celebration of the event’s 20th anniversary.
Shows in the series will be held at Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Park, 353 Court St., from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m., Thursdays, beginning June 16 through Aug. 11.
According to city officials, general admission will be $5, and kids 12 and under will be free.
In addition, blankets will be allowed into the event, along with one unopened water bottle per person; however, bicycles, skateboards, in-line skates and pets, will not be permitted.
The full schedule of performances is below:
- June 16, John Brown’s Body , Thunderbody;
- June 23, Outlaws, Zac Brown Tribute Band, The Steppin Stones;
- June 30, Keller Williams & More Than A Little, The Blind Owl Band;
- July 7, Hotel California: The Original Eagles Tribute, Big Eyed Phish;
- July 14, Gin Blossoms, Something Else;
- July 21, Lou Gramm: The Voice of Foreigner, 10,000 Maniacs;
- July 28, Robert Randolf & The Family Band, Ryan Montbleau;
- Aug. 4, The Chris Robinson Brotherhood, Samatha Fish;
- and Aug. 11, The Wailers, and Pigeons Playing Ping Pong.
Party Packs, including tickets to all nine shows, will be available for $35, and available at the gate on the day of the show, the Blue Cross Arena, and Ticketmaster, according to the city.
In addition, concert-goers will also have access to Rochester food trucks, as well as the park’s playground during the event.
Parking will be available at Washington Square Garage, 111 Woodbury Blvd.; Court Street Garage, corner of South Ave. and Court St.; East End Garage, 475 E. Main St.; and HSBC Garage, 100 Chestnut St. (enter on Broad St. side).
Strong Museum will also have parking available for a $7 fee, beginning at 4:30 p.m., before the shows, each week. Cars should enter the lot via Woodbury Blvd. or Pitkin St., and ticketholders must pay upon arrival.
Visit http://www.cityofrochester.gov/pitp/ for additional information regarding the event.