Contact InformationContact Seller
More InformationTrillium Health, a Federally Qualified Health Center Look-Alike, is a community health center offering access to affordable care for all, with a special focus on meeting the needs of LGBTQ people, communities of color, and underserved populations.
Nationally recognized for outstanding patient-centered care, the team at Trillium Health provides a wealth of knowledge and experience. Our expansive array of services, including testing and treatment, laboratory services, primary and specialty care, and an on-site pharmacy, makes it easier for patients and clients to receive the complete care they need, all in one place.
Our authentic commitment to diversity and inclusion is evidenced through our hiring practices, our employee programs, and our compassion for everyone we serve. Based in downtown Rochester, with satellite locations in Bath and Geneva, and MOCHA centers in Buffalo and Rochester, Trillium is deeply invested in building community. We proudly sponsor many other nonprofit organizations throughout the area and participate in a wide range of community events.
Trillium’s employee-centered company culture and exceptional benefits have contributed to impressive growth in recent years, raising our staff total to more than 250. We hope you will consider joining us on this upward path and becoming a part of the Trillium Health family.
We are currently recruiting for a RN Phone Triage.
• Receive and respond to incoming patient phone calls (Primary focus of this role)
o Triage patient needs using the EHR and coordination with clinic nurses and providers
o Assign priority rating and refer to clinic team members as needed
o When appropriate resolve patient problem by communicating care instructions and/or advice
o Facilitate completion of medical forms needed for patient care
o Explain procedures and treatments to patients to gain understanding, cooperation and allay apprehension
• Assist providers in delivering patient care under the supervision of providers
o Explain procedures and treatments to patients to gain cooperation, understanding and allay apprehension
o Aid providers during examinations and treatments
o Observe patient and record significant reactions/conditions. Notify providers of reaction to drugs, treatments.
• Work with the interdisciplinary health care team to facilitate care and keep patients engaged
• Actively participate in quality improvement initiatives
• Demonstrate positive communication and teamwork within clinic and between departments
• Administer treatments, nursing interventions, injections, immunizations
• Reinforce patient education on self-injection, medications, or other treatments or issues related to care
• Participate in QA/QI activities related to improvement initiatives
• As needed, perform duties of Medical Office Assistant and/or LPN
• When floating as a clinic RN, room patients including taking vitals and updating patient information, collecting samples from patients such as urine. Perform tests such as EKG as required
• Flex as needed to cover RN, LPN or MOA absences
• Practice within the NYS RN scope of practice and maintain annual competencies
• Keep exam rooms cleaned between visits and stocked daily
• Demonstrate excellence in communication, professionalism, stress management, and teamwork
• Expected to share knowledge ongoing with current and new nursing team members and across roles
• Document patient care clearly, accurately and timely according to policy.
• Collect information concerning the health status of patients and document appropriately
• Requires the ability and commitment to respect and support inclusiveness and diversity including but not limited to individuals of different backgrounds, cultures, races, ages, sexual orientations, gender identities or expressions, experiences, opinions, etc.
• Requires individual demonstration of commitment to the One Trillium behaviors and business impacts and modeling them in the organization.
• Responsible for maintaining confidentiality of all patient, client, employee, protected and proprietary information.
• Employees are accountable for meeting the performance standards of their departments and must participate as requested in compliance audits, process improvement and quality improvement plans.
• Other specific duties as assigned.
Must possess valid NYS Registered Nurse licensure with current CPR certification. Experience working in a hospital or clinic setting required. Experience working in community-based health care settings is also preferred. The ability to demonstrate teamwork and effective interpersonal relations skills is imperative. Excellent written/oral communication and computer skills are required. Experience working with HIV/AIDS clients is preferred, but not required. Experience with chronic diseases in an outpatient setting is desired. Previous experience with an Electronic Health Record is desired.
Trillium Health offers employment to all employees & applicants. No person shall be discriminated against in employment on the basis of race, age, color, marital status, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, disability, veteran status, status as a domestic violence victim, genetic condition or predisposition, or any other characteristic protected by law.