The point-of-sale fundraising effort will allow shoppers to donate $1, $2, $3, or $5 to their grocery bill, and all proceeds will benefit Foodlink, the regional food bank, and its efforts to end hunger.
The “Check Out Hunger” campaign is currently running at 28 local Tops Friendly Markets stores, as well as 12 local and independent grocers, Jan. 30 through Feb. 20.
Previously, Foodlink implemented its “Check Out Hunger” program at Wegmans stores this past fall.
“Foodlink is so grateful to our committed community partners who time and time again, support our efforts to end hunger,” Amy Button, Foodlink’s manager of marketing and events, stated. “With one in five children struggling with food insecurity in our region, these fundraising campaigns make it possible to make sure we provide healthy nourishment to those most in need.”
Participating “Check Out Hunger” stores include:
- TOPS Markets;
- Abundance Cooperative Market, Rochester;
- Big M, Gates;
- Breen’s Market, Williamson and Palmyra;
- Caledonia Marketplace, Caledonia;
- Hart’s Local Grocers, Rochester;
- Hegedorn’s Market, Webster;
- Herrema’s Marketplace, Irondequoit;
- Lori’s Natural Foods, Henrietta;
- Perry Food Market, Perry;
- and West’s Shurfine, Honeoye, and Livonia.
Individuals interested in making a donation may visit the participating stores, or go to www.foodlinkny.org.