Harris said she will run in the 27th District, which encompasses the 19th Ward in the city, as well as the Greater Rochester International Airport and Genesee Valley Park.
She’s an Edison Technical High School graduate, and has worked at Rural/Metro for more than 20 years as a paramedic and educator.
In addition, Harris said she has also worked as a licensed real estate agent with Berkshire Hathaway Home Service Discover Real Estate in Pittsford, since 2002.
And, in addition to her work commitments, she has also been named as the following, according to a press release:
• The 19thWard Association’s past president;
• a Monroe Livingston Regional EMS REMAC member;
• a Monroe One Boces EMS advisory board member;
• a member of the city of Rochester’s Nuisance Advisory Board;
• a member of National Association of Black Journalists (NABJ);
• and, a past member of the local chapter of the Rochester Association of Black Journalists (RABJ).
Reportedly, Democratic Assistant Minority Leader, and current 27th District Legislator, Willie Joe Lightfoot, as well as Rochester City Councilman Adam McFadden, support Harris’ run.