DEPARTMENT: Maintenance, Central New York Regional Transportation Authority
SALARY RANGE: $24.51/ hour (Progress to top rate of $25.16/hour)
HOURS OF LABOR: Shifts vary. Must be willing to work days, nights, and weekends & overtime as needed.
JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for receiving work assignments, drive vehicle to work bay for repairs, confirm complaint, make the necessary repairs (which may include raising/lowering vehicle), drive out of the work bay area and park to return to service.
1. Troubleshoot all mechanical issues with the buses.
2. Repair and overhaul Air Brakes, Chassis, Suspensions, Steering, Basic Electrical, as well as Engines and Transmissions.
3. Preventive maintenance, scheduled work for vehicles, road calls, required paperwork and cleaning shop are integral parts of this position.
4. Work at the shop benches to repair parts and components, use of hand and power tools is required as needed for repairs.
1. Must be able to pass Centro’s Mechanic test.
2. Must have the ability and knowledge to use diagnostic equipment for troubleshooting and repairs.
3. Must have the ability to follow work assignments and instructions and work well on your own.
4. Must be willing to participate in training.
5. Must have the physical ability and flexibility to perform work on buses.
6. Must be able to pass a physical examination.
7. Must be able to take directions and have own tools.
8. Must be able to read and write English.
1. High School Diploma or GED. Technical training is a plus with a minimum of 2 years related experience.
2. Must have a clean valid NYS Driver’s License in good standing.
3. Must have a Class “B” CDL permit.
4. Must have a valid New York State driver’s license with a clean driving record.
5. Must have knowledge of compressed natural gas compressor systems.
6. Must be at least 18 years old and in good physical condition.
7. Ability to lift and carry up to 80lbs.
Applications must be submitted to Carmen Brienza or go onto our website at www.centro.org and apply! All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. CNYTRA reserves the right to select a candidate from within or outside the Company.
CNYRTA is an equal opportunity employer.