More InformationThe Program Assistant is a member of the Community Impact Team providing administrative support that contributes to the overall goals of the team. To succeed, the Program Assistant must be able to balance multiple demands, deliver high quality customer service, maintain confidentiality, have excellent MSWord, Excel, and PowerPoint skills, work cooperatively with others and be committed to United Way’s mission and values (Caring, Trustworthy, Collaborative, Innovative, Respectful, Results-Oriented).
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Logistics for meetings and events:
• Schedule appointments, meetings, events, visits for team members
• Reserve and set up rooms for meetings, order refreshments as needed
• Distribute invitations and receive responses
• Take official meeting notes
• Providing administrative support to include:
• Maintain supplies and department materials
• Create and develops correspondence, charts, tables, graphs, and visual presentations
• Proofread copy for spelling, grammar and layout, make appropriate changes.
• Maintain and update departmental files, retrieve information as requested
• Distribute mail
• Respond to general requests for information from internal and external parties
• Maintain accurate contacts for volunteers and program contacts including EDs and board chairs
• Database management:
• Populate and update information in department databases
• Generate routine reports
• Conduct periodic reviews to identify and correct duplicative and erroneous entries
• Respond to general and regularly occurring questions about database use
• Administrative aspects of program application and reporting processes:
• Maintain accurate and complete program contact files for dissemination of materials
• Update and distribute material to program contacts
• Receive reports, acknowledge receipt, follow-up regarding missing reports
• Maintain official electronic files
• Special Projects:
• Internet research with phone follow up on topics relevant to our work
• Participate actively on internal project teams
• Must be capable of predictable and reliable attendance
• Consistently demonstrates the values and mission of the United Way
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Project Administration. Completes procedures, documents and forms that are essential to the day-to day department operations. Completes project documents and tasks. Adheres to policies and procedures, including timeframes, for all milestones and requirements. Keeps managers aware of the status of projects, including any issues that arise. Recommends changes to forms, documents, procedures, and policies that will increase the effectiveness of the department. Answers general inquiry questions from providers and others.
• Initiative. Identifies opportunities and issues, and proactively acts and follows through on work activities to capitalize or resolve them. Capacity to be a self-starter, work independently, take initiative, and be solution-oriented. Actively seeks and identifies opportunities to contribute to and achieve goals. Maintains a sense of purpose, value, and ownership of work. Seizes opportunities when they arise. Works independently with little direction. Maintains a level of energy and work activity to achieve goals.
• Customer Service. Demonstrates a commitment to public service; serves and satisfies internal and external customers; holds self-accountable for quality outcomes. Detail oriented and focused on delivering high quality products. Establishes and maintains credibility with the providers, volunteers, agencies, government offices, co-workers etc.. Works with customers to assess their needs in an effort to meet/exceed requirements and expectations. Conveys a positive attitude when interacting with customers and staff. Makes use of specialized knowledge to assist customers in resolving problems.
• Collaborative/Team Player: Ability to thrive in a flexible and adaptive team structure with an intense focus on excellent customer service for internal colleagues and external customers. High standards of professionalism and integrity, and a commitment to quality and excellence in all aspects of job performance. Capability to foster an atmosphere which recognizes and respects cultural and individual differences with demonstrated ability to work sensitively with diverse people and communities. Strong interpersonal skills, sound judgment and discretion, sound communication skills.
Associates Degree with 2 years experience or no degree with 5 years experience in progressive program support role
Bachelor's Degree Preferred
Expertise needed in MS office. Experience in Salesforce or other CRM software preferred.