The Rochester Police Department will begin holding public police-community relations forums to discuss the state of its police-community relations Monday, Nov. 7, as part of Mayor Lovely Warren’s 90 Days of Community Engagement Initiative.
A total of five open-forum discussions will be held from 6 to 8 p.m., in each of the Police Department’s Patrol Sections.
The sessions will be held as follows:
- Monday, Nov. 7, at the Thomas P. Ryan R-Center, 530 Webster Ave.;
- Thursday, Nov. 10, at the David F. Gantt R-Center, 700 North St.;
- Tuesday, Nov. 15, at the Flint Street R-Center, 271 Flint St.;
- Friday, Dec. 2, at the Edgerton R-Center, 41 Backus St.;
- and Monday, Dec. 5 at the Adams Street R-Center, 85 Adams St.
Under the 90 Days of Community Engagement initiative, the department will be “actively listening, engaging and empowering the citizens of Rochester on how the department can improve its services, relations and perceptions” in the city, RPD officials stated.
The RPD will also present a drafted community engagement plan to the mayor by Jan. 1.
Residents can call Deputy Chief of Community Relations Wayne Harris at (585) 428-7033, or email RPDEmpowersRochester@CityofRochester.gov with questions about the forums.